Friday, January 13, 2012

Mateo Says Alicia Keys 'Ups My Standards' in the Studio

undefinedCharley Gallay, Getty Images
You could say Iman "Mateo" Jordan is a hopeless romantic. "I know it sounds cliché," the Ohio singer-songwriter-pianist tells The BoomBox with a hint of amusement in his voice. "But I have to describe my music as love. I think everyone can relate to that."

Indeed, the crooner, who was signed by producer Kerry "Krucial" Brothers and Grammy-winning superstar Alicia Keys to the Krucial Noise imprint in 2010, wears his heart on his sleeve.

His 2011 mixtape 'Love & Stadiums' is huge on love, breakups and redemption. With his official EP debut, 'Love & Stadiums II,' led by the Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz-featured track 'Say It's So,' Mateo sat down with The BoomBox to discuss his rising career, working with a modern day R&B icon and why today is the best time to be a musician.

No comments:

Post a Comment